Tuesday 8 April 2014

My Top Ten Social Media Sites…



Since starting my blog, my love for social media has grown tenfold. To raise my blog's profile it's extremely important to network in order to create traffic to my blog. 

If you are planning on creating a blog or just want to join more social media sites here are my top ten sites to join…

1. Facebook - I have two Facebook pages my personal one and one for my blog, click here to check it out. My Facebook page for my blog is great for posting my new blog posts, Status updates and photos. I've only just created this page so I have very little 'likes' at the moment. Once I share my page with my friends and family, it will start to grow and hopefully they will share with their friends and so on.


2. Instagram - I love Instagram because I can post my pictures straight away which automatically posts them onto Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter, check it out here. The fillers are also an amazing tool as you can transform the picture's look and feel. On your photos or videos you can #tag your photos, in order for those, who don't follow you to see you photos. This in turn can also get them to follow you if they like your profile.



3. Twitter - This is where the #tag started. This is more about status updates and tagging. I also post my Instagram and Tumblr photos on here too, check it out here. Twitter is perfect for Micro-blogging and very easy to connect to people you don't know. 


4. Youtube - This is where I upload my videos check them out here. You can share them on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Google +. Not only can you share your videos, but also other peoples videos, for example, I regularly share my favorite music videos on to Facebook and Google +.



5. Google + - This is directly linked with blogger. I use this to share my blog, photos and videos, click here to check it out. It's also one of the best forms of sharing your blog and photos with new people through google + communities. I usually share my photos on travel communities which then gets people to add me into their circle. Then they can check out my blog from my profile.


6. Pinterest - This site is great for ideas, whether its travel quotes or travel ideas, check mine out here. You can also post your own photos which can be pinned by other people and then directs them to your blog site, when you click on the picture.


7. Tumblr - Tumblr is probably the least complicated to set up and very easy to use. I mainly use it to share my blog posts, videos and photos, Check it out here.


8. We Heart It - This site is great for sharing photos and finding photo ideas. You can also link your Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr to it, check out my photos here



9. Bloglovin' - It has all your favorite blogs on one site, which means its easier to get up to date with other blogs. I also comment on other blogs and leave my blog URL so that other bloggers can access my site, Check it out here.


10. Blogger - This is where it all stems from. All the above sights hopefully lead you to this sight. The more traffic I have the more potential followers I'll have. I have also added advertisements to my page in order to create a little revenue. Although at the moment I have only been blogging for 6 months so its still relativity new to generate much income. Here is my blog (if your not already on it!) and if you haven't already please follow me! 


Have you got any other Social Media sites you love?

Keeping you posted.

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment